August 11, 2011

EASY Summer Cucumber Salad


So lets not talk about how long it's been since I've actually posted? Hmmm. February..maybe:) Any who moving on...last weekend we took a trip to our locale farmers market where we picked up all sorts of lovely's! One being a pretty little basket of heirloom tomatoes and a few cucumbers and an onion. All these tasty little items added up to be the perfect summer salad! I know that there are a ton of recipes out there for summer salad, but here's the one that I came up with! Kind of a little combination of other recipes that I had found, thrown in with the sad fact that I don't have a lot spices and such around the house so my recipe would have to be simple! So if your like me and have a lack of ingredients in your pantry this will be perfect for you:)


Summer Salad:
Ingredients:
Cucumbers (as many as you will need to feed your family)
1 white onion
Tomatoes (I used cherry but any kind will work) 
White Vinager
Dill Weed (you could also use basil or such if you don't have dill, I've already done this and it still taste great!)

Slice cucumber, I like mine pretty thin. Chop up onion. Slice tomatoes. Place all ingredients in bowl and mix. Pour in vinegar to taste, I usually use around 1/4 of a cup but it just depends on the amount of salad you have and how much you like vinegar:) Sprinkle with dill to taste. Store in fridge

Sometimes I will make mine in advance so the cucumbers have time to soak up the vinegar. However, most of the time I don't remember/ don't plan in advance and it still taste just as good eating it 5 minutes after you make it:) Keep in fridge, the leftovers are great!



1 comment:

style-for-style said...

ooo, so easy, I'm making this tonight, thanks for the recipe

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis