February 1, 2011

Patchwork Lion


We had yet another day of being stuck in the house, only this time it was because of my car and not the snow! So me and little girl have been trying to make the best of it by filling our day full of pretty arts and crafts. She has been totally in love with lions, tigers, and well anything that roars lately! So I thought it would be fun to make a little lion of sorts. I googled "childrens lion coloring page," and found a lovely little lion that I then printed out onto construction paper. I cut up little pieces of a vintage floral pillowcase for the body and little pieces of yarn for the mane. Little girls was very interested at first but then she began to become more interested in the glue and keeping her fingers clean, which is usually how it goes:) So I let her place more glue as I placed the fabric and yarn.


What kinds of activities/ arts and crafts do you plan for little one's on these long winter days? I would love to hear them!! Any suggestions for good indoor activities that use up lots of energy would be greatly appreciated:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis