September 20, 2010

"New" Vintage Shoes


I'm always looking for a pair of vintage shoes, with out much luck, but this weekend I found TWO pairs in barely worn condition!! It may just be my unlucky luck but I feel like when I usually find vintage shoes they are sizes  5 or 6, which are way to small for my boat feet..LOL:)  But I think/feel that people typically did have smaller feet 40 or so years ago...so it is kind of rare to find something in an 8 or 9?...do you guys feel this way to? Any who the first pair I bought are a 9 1/2 which fit like a glove, but the others are an 8 which may be just a tiny bit to small but they will definitely do! Also, I want to add that these are the most comfortable heels that I have ever worn, so if you have a chance to buy some do!! They just don't make them like they use to:)


Here's a piece that I've been working on for little girls room. I wanted to do some simple embroidered wall art of her favorite things to hang on her wall, I used some vintage fabric that my grandmother gave me:) I love when I can incorporate family "heirlooms" into my art as I think it helps to tell a story if you will. Coming next I think will be a slide, and a dog?


1 comment:

cowboybunny said...

That is such a great idea to do the things she likes embroidered!
The swing set is a great idea!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis