September 21, 2010

Yummy Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Peaches

Even though it is scorching 96 degrees here today on the first day of fall. I've still been loving all of the warm comfort foods that come along with the season. The first is a very simple and very yummy, if I do say so myself, apple and sweet potato bake. I didn't really follow a recipe to share with you guys, but it's pretty easy to mix up. I mixed orange juice (approx. 1/4 cup), brown sugar,cinnamon, and a tad of flour and salt. I then poured it over the already boiled sweet potatoes and apples and baked for 15 minutes or so. This is one of those recipes that you don't have to be exact with as it will still turn out great!
P.S Sorry for the horrible picture it had already gotten dark outside when I took this:(
 
 The second little baked dish I made included some yummy peaches, granola, and honey. It's very simple I promise! Cut up a peach and place it in a baking dish, pour over your granola and honey, then cover and bake until the peaches are tender! You can also do this in the microwave but I have found that this seems to turn out better in the oven:)

1 comment:

Stacey Lou said...

YUM! Looks like the perfect fall treat! I could just imagine smelling it fresh out of the oven!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis