November 6, 2010

A Little Dream House

I'm still in the middle of a craft show frenzy...Yikes!!.....I'll share all the fun details later..LOL...but for now I was thinking about one little girls Christmas presents:) Even though she's really not old enough for her own dollhouse yet, I figure it's never to late to start collecting little bits and pieces here and there. You know for my..I mean her Christmas present..you know:) Every little girls dreams of a vintage tin dollhouse with candy colored furniture and little dolls with perfect ponytails right! Here are some inspiring pictures I found over on flickr, I'm trying to get an idea as to what "look" I'm going for, I didn't really find exactly what is in my head. I really want a tin house with bright color's and pretty faux wallpaper and carpets. I've seen ton's over on Ebay, but there kind of pricey!  I just don't end up hoarding all dollhouse pieces that I ever come in contact with....as I'm not going to lie this could happen:) They are just so irresistibly cute!

Vintage Caroline's Home dolls house


Sneak Preview


playroom


Children are nestled all snug in their beds...


Vintage Pink Tin Dollhouse


Glico teaparty


Cindy Whiteside Barbie Dioramas


Please click on photo's for a direct link to there source.

5 comments:

Lacey (schoolhousefarm) said...

i love dollhouses. we have one, but it doesn't keep me for searching for another. the fun of having girls is I can buy toys for myself...

KM said...

I have been searching and searching for the perfect doll house! sOMEDAY!!!!! These are darling.

sabrina said...

I'm kind of doll house obsessed too. I have wanted one ever since I was seven or eight. I can remember one of the stores in my town giving one away as a contest. I was so sad my mom didn't win. I think I'm gonna buy one this year, when the store I work in gets them for Christmas. I can't wait! :)

Corey said...

Ha ha! I have five (yes, five!) dollhouses in various places in my home (mostly hidden from my husband in closets!) for my daughter,who just turned one!!!

One is actually the same as your first photo, which is currently displayed in my studio. The others are all ones I've found at thrift shops, and I'll probably pare down once I see what she likes. But I just can't resist when I see a good one for so cheap! It's an awful addiction!

Oh, My Darling said...

Aww, dollhouse nostalgia! My old dollhouse was one of my very favorite toys; I'm sure your daughter will treasure having one!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis